Gordon MacFarland grew up in Ohio and competed in track and cross country at Lakewood High School. After college he moved to Colorado, where he discovered a love for road racing. He moved east in 1981 and has been a New Englander ever since. Gordon lives in Burlington, Vermont.
- American College of Sports Medicine Certified Personal Trainer (CPT). Offering training through the YMCA in Burlington, Vermont
- American College of Sports Medicine Exercise is Medicine® Credential
- USA Track and Field Certified Coach – Level 1
- Nationally ranked runner. First in age group at the 2015 National Masters 10K Championship.
- Age class winner of the 2016 BAA Distance Medley (5K, 10K, Half Marathon)
- 2014 inductee into the Cambridge Sports Union Hall of Fame
- Former sales associate at Marathon Sports, Boston MA
- B.A. in psychology and graduate studies in food science and nutrition
- Member, Vermont Governor’s Council on Physical Fitness and Sports
- Founder of the Vermont City Marathon