Run Strategies is a comprehensive approach encouraging runners to think long term in their running and racing. Clients receive in-person and virtual contact with the coach. A runner’s Personal Running Plan (PRP) is developed interactively. The PRP includes four sections:
- Client Profile and Background – Biographical information; running history – training, racing, and injuries; running shoe preferences; results of a giant analysis; and baseline weight.
- Goals: (A) Primary 12-Month S.M.A.R.T. Goals. Generally two to four Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic/Relevant, and Time bound goals. (B) Secondary 12-Month Goals. Broader goals that support the primary S.M.A.R.T. goals.
- Specific Recommendations (Table). Generally six to eight recommendations aimed at reaching the goals.
- Concluding Notes. Framing and caveats as one embarks on and continues their running journey!
In addition to the PRP, RS services generally include:
- An initial in-person session to discuss history, goals, and overall training plan. Go for a short run and perform a gait assessment.
- Follow-up session(s) at a local gym/pool. Demonstrate recommended strength and flexibility exercises, running equivalents (REQs), and form drills.
- Check-ins by text, email, phone, Skype, or in-person as needed. Discuss adjustments to training due to schedule, illness, injuries, etc.
Please contact me regarding fee options.